Saturday, November 25, 2017

Keep Going!!


So here we are, with less than a week left of NaNoWriMo. I don't know about you guys, but that went by kinda fast.

Today's post was inspired by Jem Jones post she did about a week and half ago.

Some of you may have already won NaNo (and if you did congrats! :D), some of you may be right on track, and some of you might be behind (don't worry, you're not alone. I'm right there with you).

So today, I'm going to share some writing prompts with you. Like me, some of you may be struggling to write, or you just don't know what to write next. I'm hoping at least one of these will give you some ideas. :)












I hope one of those inspired something! Go ahead and take one of these prompts and write a scene using your main characters. You may not think you could use it in your novel, but you never know. I did it the other day, and after I finished the scene, I realized that I just might be able to use it in my novel! :D But even if you can't, it will help you get to know your characters better.

Don't be afraid to stretch your creativity either! If one of these made you laugh, turn it into a sad scene instead, or vice versa. Have fun with it! :)


So how is NaNo going to for you? Which one of these prompts was your favorite? Do you think you'll try to use it?

17 comments:

  1. Lol-ing over here XD The "get out" one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these prompts, Karyssa! I might actually use one. I am not going to get to my word goal for Nano Wrimo but I'm trying to write at least something every day. :) I haven't ever written 30 days in a row before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yay! That's great! I hope NaNo went well for you! :)

      Delete
  3. These are hilarious!! I'm not sure I can use them in my current novel, but I have a few on the back burner where they might find a home.

    I'm just under 20k behind on NaNo. I might try to catch up, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's great! Yeah, a lot of prompts don't really work for my current novels, but sometimes they inspire an idea for a new novel. :)

      It sounds like you did really well for NaNo! Even if you didn't win, you still have more written than you did before. :D

      Delete
  4. Love these prompts, they're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I also tagged you for the Bibliophile Sweater Tag.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Gray! :D

      Ahh! Thank you so much! I've wanted to do that tag ever since it was created, haha. I'll have to do it soon. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the "Ooh, so fearsome" pink one. XD I've gots to put that in something somewhere someday...lol. How's NaNo going for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I love that one! :D NaNo went pretty well for me. I didn't win, but I finished with 38k. :) How did NaNo go for you?

      Delete
  6. I've seem sone of these prompts before, I like a lot of them. My favorite one is the last one with the dragon 😂

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, really? I found all of them on Pinterest. That's where I find most of my prompts. Where do you find yours?

      Delete
  7. Goodness, these are great. XD I'm technically not doing NaNo, but that last one made me burst out laughing. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've collected a lot of "TFR's writing prompts" on Pinterest too! But I haven't seen the "get out" or "this comfort thing" ones before - actually, I have a character who'd be perfect for the comfort one xD Thanks, Karyssa!
    - Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the "TFR's writing prompts" are great! You do? That's great! :D
      You're welcome! :)

      Delete